Everquest II, Station Launcher
So, my notion of playing EQII for a bit was going swimmingly up until Sony got involved. I got a trial invitation (thanks, Ysharros), got set up with the necessary accounts, and started downloading. For EQII, you need to first fetch the Station Launcher program, and then use that to get the EQII files. This was going fine until my network connection dropped. And the launcher, instead of restarting where it left off (45%), started the download again.
So this time 'round - it's not exactly the zippiest of downloads - I set it going, disabled all timeouts and sleep functions and anything else on my machine, and left it running overnight. I came down to it showing 98% downloaded, and it's been sitting there now for half an hour. I greatly fear that it's not doing anything, because the time to completion (5:55) hasn't changed at all. There's no way to check if it's doing anything, as far as I can see, other than its own metrics of percentage completed and time to completion.
So I'm trying Fileplanet - except it looks like good ol' Fileplanet can't find the file.
I COULD go looking for an actual boxed copy of the game, but this is the 21st century, dammit, and we have the internet for that now.
Posted by Drew Shiel at May 10, 2009 9:52 AM